Janette is a compassionate and engaging speaker who creates dynamic, interactive programs for her audience and provides actionable steps for participants to take afterwards.
Her programs focus on practical lessons and tools from her book Everyday Healing: Stand Up, Take Charge and Get Your Health Back. Sample topics include:
- A Business Plan for Your Health: A 5-Step Plan to Your Best Health
- Find Your Path to Health: How Commitment, Confidence and Connection Can Change Your Life.
- Train Your Elephant: Three Steps to Developing Daily Healing Habits
- Did You Hear What I Said? Building Deep Listening Skills with Family and Friends
- A Healing Community: How Increased Connection can Radically Improve the Health of a Community and its Members
- Help is the Hardest Word: How Accepting More Help Can Improve Your Health and Change Your Life
- The A-Team: Best Practices to Support Someone With a Cancer Diagnosis or Other Serious Health Condition.
- Run Your Next Medical Appointment Like a Boss: 7 Steps to Make Your Health Appointments productive for you and your provider.
- But You Look Fine: How to Step Out of the Shadows and Ask for What You Need When You Have an “Invisible Illness” like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, MS, or Fibromyalgia
Audiences Call Janette’s Talks “Life-Changing.”
Audiences love Janette’s talks because she speaks authentically from her personal experience and her conversations with countless clients, fellow patients and health care providers. As a former patient herself and a public health professional with a Masters from the Harvard School of Public Health, she is able to weave personal stories together with medical studies, perspectives from wisdom traditions, and interactive exercises into talks and workshops that challenge participants’ assumptions and inspire them to act.
Here is a sample of what participants say about Janette’s talks:
- I love how Janette shares herself so generously. Her stories made a real difference to me.
- Janette creates such a supportive space. I was able to explore ideas I never have before.
- Beautiful! If I can take even a bit of it and use it practically, it will change my life.
- Janette’s clarity, compassion, and personal experience really made it click for me. I see big changes ahead.
Click here for audio of interviews and talks that Janette has given.
Here is what organization leaders say about Janette’s talks:
- Janette is a charismatic speaker whose own personal story of healing inspires others to heal themselves. After her lecture at a Jerusalem Post seminar, I and my staff left feeling upbeat and optimistic about positive steps we could take to change our lives. She’s a life-changer! — Steve Linde, (former) Editor-in-Chief, Jerusalem Post
- Janette’s workshop was just the right mix of practical tips and explorations of how our emotions impact our health and fitness efforts. Janette was entertaining, inspiring and compassionate. She left our members with such fresh new perspectives, we hope to have her back next year. – Debbie Sotis, Fitness Director, Renaissance Center Club in Naples, Florida.
- Janette presented a fabulous program entitled “Radical Healing: How to Build the Commitment and Connection You Need to Get to Your Healthiest Self” for our community. We have hosted a number of programs at Kehilla on personal healing, and this was, without a doubt, one of the best we have ever had. It was a great mix of information, stories and interaction. Participants said they left more motivated to connect with others to improve their health together. — Michael Saxe-Taller, Executive Director at Kehilla Community Synagogue in Oakland, CA
To inquire about Janette’s availability to speak at your event, please include the following information:
- When and where would you like Janette to speak?
- For how long would you like her to speak?
- What topic(s) would you like her to cover?
- Share some details about your event and your audience.
For synagogues, JCCs or other organizations seeking a talk with a Jewish focus, please see Janette’s Page at the Jewish Speakers Bureau.